Shamrock has the experience and capability to help you with your pressure forming needs from design to finished product. Shamrock can pressure form thicknesses from .050 to .300 and can run molds up to 3ft. x 4ft. with a 50 inch stroke.
High-pressure forming is similar to vacuum forming, however you get the cosmetic appearance of an injection-molded part. This process uses tools with the texture already on the tool, which allows you to have multiple textures or smooth areas on the same part. In addition there are many other cost, time and appearance benefits, such as:
• Startup tooling costs are a fraction of comparable injection molding tools;
• Quicker times to market than injection molding;
• Highly cost efficient production runs of 50 to 5,000 units or more depending on the size and complexity of the part. (The cost and affordability of running these small quantities allows you to maintain a leaner inventory and schedule more frequent runs)
• Broad material flexibility which allows the use of many different pressure formable materials
• Great aesthetics that look as good as or better than injection molded items with sharp edges, tight corner radii and ultra-fine detail.